The concession contract for the new Puerta de Hierro teaching hospital was awarded by the Madrid Regional Government to the Bovis Lend Lease- Dragados –Sufi consortium on 18th of March of 2005, just 10 weeks after tender submission.
The project includes the financing, design development, construction and provision of hard and soft facilities management services for the new facility to replace the existing Puerta de Hierro Hospital and serves a local population of 520,000 people.
The new Hospital has a total built area of 242.000 m2, distributed as follows:
· 167,000 m2 for Hospital area and ancillary services distributed in 12, four storey modular buildings
· 75.000 m2 of deck parking for 3000 cars.
The innovative, contemporary and modular design optimises patient flow and allows for future expansion of the hospital without impact to the already built modules.
The hospital includes access to the adjacent major highway, a heliport, a large- capacity auditorium, teaching and research facilities, a two-floor cafeteria and an extensive retail area (bank, flower shop, calling facilities, news stand, etc).
On-site services include:
· Cafeteria and dining room for visitors and staff.
· Parking management and retail facilities management: Bank Office, Book shop, Gifts, Flower shop, etc.
· Pay-Telephone service and televisions in rooms and common areas.
The concession includes the provision of Soft Facility Management including:
· Medical and General Waste Management
· Security Services
· Laundry Services
· External / Internal Transport Services and Management
· Pest control services
· Medical Records and Administrative Document Control Management Services
· Reception / Information Administrative Staff and Switchboard Management Services
· Cleaning Services
· Sterilization Services
· Storage & Distribution Services
· Catering Services
Hard Facilities Management services include:
· Gardening & Road Maintenance
· Facilities maintenance